So I got two blogging “awards” from two different friends this week. Thank you for thinking of me even though I sort of disappeared these past two weeks.
The first person to tag me was my friend, D. F. Krieger. Check her out! She’s got a sci-fi erotica coming out soon from Evernight Publishing. That’s right, sci-fi erotica. Awesome!
The second friend was M. Howalt who is clearly an all around awesome person. How do I know that other than reading the blog? The mysterious M (gender undisclosed) has a moose in the blog header. That’s a clear clue.
As the rules were explained to me:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
So seven facts about me? Man, I am the most boring person alive.
- Every year, you’ll find me at Fanime for at least one day on Memorial day weekend. (Now you can stalk me. :D)
- I’ve only had three jobs ever in my life. I stay at places for a long time and learn my job and the jobs around it thoroughly. When it’s time to go, I know.
- I’m somewhat allergic to the sun right now. That’s new (as in a few years old but it never happened to me before). I’m blaming medication.
- I LOVE video games. I prefer older games though rather than newer ones. Have I told you I still have my Atari 2600 and it still works perfectly? I’ve played that thing since I was four.
- Everyone knows I like comic books, right? X-Men in particular? You should. But what you probably don’t know is the secret fiction crush I have on Nightwing– the Dick Greyson Version particularly the series from ’96. (Geeze, was it that long ago?)
- I rarely wear jewelry. It’s a bad gift idea for me, and my boyfriend, Jay, is thankful for that.
- It’s hard for me to keep up with the books I read on Goodreads because I am pretty much always reading something and I forget to add it to my reading list. I rarely read one book at a time, and usually have about three open.
Okay, so time for the tags. I’m going to break the rules too. (I do this a lot with memes.) Instead of 15, I’m probably going to do less, but these are all people I think you should check out. PLUS I’m going to be giving you a little bit about each and why I think they’re worth checking out. And for those I tag, don’t feel you need to do this unless you want to. I’m just wanting to pass on the love to people I am glad to have as blog/writing buddies and friends.
- Laura Rae Amos (@LauraRaeAmos) – She’s the first person I think of for a reason. Kind, funny, pervy and inspiring, no matter the context (writing, photography, music, even video games).
- Renee Ashlyn Holt (@ReneeAHolt) – I’ve had the pleasure of reading a lot of her writing. She’s clever and smart and even a little twisted sometimes which I can appreciate.
- J. A. Murphy (@JudiAMurphy) – My fellow dystopian future world writer. Judi is supportive and creative. She’s a wonderful to know.
- Annie Neugebauer (@AnnieNeugebauer) – This is one honestly sweet girl with a lot of talent.
- Cathryn Grant (@CathrynGrant) – One interesting insightful blogger, I always enjoy her blog posts.
- Andrew Mocete (@AndrewMocete) – friendly, supportive, funny, and with a bright personality. You really should know him if you don’t already.
- Amy Rose Davis (@AmyJRoseDavis) – her blog has some of the most interesting discussions on it. Tune in for Mythic Mondays and watch out for any random blog entries about writing or life.
- Lisa Nowak (@Lisa_Nowak) – We’re still just getting to know each other, but I find Lisa to be someone you can relax with with a good sense of humor.
- Lisa Kilian (@LisaKilian) – Funny future famous person with a blog that reminds us all we’re not alone, we all make mistakes.
- Karyn Gerrard (@KarynGerrard) – Watch out for hunky pictures of men floating around her blog! Karyn is just a great person to know. She’s friendly, funny, and also very supportive and encouraging.
I’ve been slightly AWOL for a while. I sort of took a break from my story blog, and I’m near the end of my novel. (Me and the characters are wrapping up the story.) So I’m blaming all that. Plus my horoscope for this week told me that he wants me to focus on unabashed, unapologetic play! (I don’t normally follow my horoscope, but hey, it sounds like a good prescription to me.)
I’m definitely still around, and I haven’t gone anywhere.